This post is not what you think it’s about. It’s not about how I love chocolate and hate the calories. It’s about how my precious but mischievous Jack Russell Terrier scared me to death this morning when I woke up and found that she hard torn open the packaging, and eaten a chocolate chip cookie.

As much as I love the taste of chocolate, the smell of chocolate, the versatility and pairings of chocolate, I would look at it with an evil eye for the rest of my life it it hurt my little princess. Most of us know that chocolate is not good for dogs, but I found this website that gives much more detailed information about the toxicity of chocolate to dogs. It’s good to know, but still not a substitute for calling your vet, which we did. Poor Ice (my dog). We had to induce vomiting (with hydrogen peroxide) and she did puke it all up, thank goodness. Our Vet, Dr. Prattis, also checked her out and gave her the thumbs up.

My lesson learned: Ice is nimble. Ice is quick. Ice can jump over more than a candlestick. She also uses her front paws like hands and has remarkably fine motor skills for a dog. Let this be a friendly reminder to keep anything chocolate, especially the good expensive chocolate all you fabulous bakers use, in extra safe places.

sleepy Ice
posted by jessica at 03:28 PM Filed under Miscellaneous. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.